Welcome to HCL Consultants Ltd.
HCL Consultants is an international consulting company providing a range of development services to a diverse range of clients in the public and private sectors.
Our areas of expertise include regional, rural and private sector development and public administration reform.
Click here to view an indicative list of our ongoing projects.
|by Sector||by Area|
- HCL has been recently awarded a four year Framework Contract on Assistance and technical support for the evaluation of LIFE proposals covering the EU - 28 countries.
We are currently accepting applications (CVs in Europass format) for the position of Evaluator under the following roles. Please click here to find detailed requirements
- On behalf of the DG of Development Cooperation of the European Commission, HCL presented "The Busan Commitments: An Analysis of EU Progress and Performance". In April 2014 the publication was prepared on the occasion of the first High Level Meeting of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation held in Mexico City, 15-16 April 2014. The study and publication analyses EU actions towards more effective development cooperation, taken by the European Union and Member States, as pledged during conference the High Level Forum in Busan, in 2011. The study supported the EU and EUMS contribution to the Mexico High Level Forum, where more than 1500 development leaders from 130 countries met to report on progress.
- The HCL consortium has been recently awarded a new contract in Croatia entitled: Technical Assistance to operational structure for management of the operational programme and implementation of projects funded by the EU (Budget: EUR 529,075)
- HCL consortia have been selected to provide services for the new round of EU Beneficiary Framework Contracts - Lots 1, 7, 9, 10, and 11
- HCL has been awarded a new Europeaid contract in Algeria worth 6.37 M Euros, to provide technical assistance advisory in support to reforms in the Transport sector
- The ACP Fish II Programme in collaboration with the Lake Victoria Fisheries Organisation (LVFO) has commissioned Pescares Italia (HCL Group) to prepare a Regional Training Workshop on “Reducing Illegal Fish Trade around Lake Victoria”. This Training Workshop will be held in Uganda, aiming to build capacity among border inspectors, customs officials, fisheries authorities and fisheries and trade associations in collecting and handling information about cross-border trade in the region around Lake Victoria.
- HCL has been selected to receive a Grant for a Cross Border Cooperation programme involving partners from Egypt, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, and Spain: "GOALS- GOvernance for Achieving Local Strategies for tourism" within the ENPI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme initiative. The aim is to define and and mainstream a shared strategy for Total Quality Management (TQM) of public administrations to support lagging regions planning for the implementation of sustainable tourism. More than 700 people representing SMEs, public institutions and local communities will gain by GOALS expertise and know-how.
- Plan Bleu / IBRD have contracted Pescares Italia (HCL Group) to prepare a Socio-economic evaluation of maritime activities. The activities will focus on Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia.
- HCL (Pescares) organised the 7th Regional Technical Workshop (RTW) of the IMP-MED Project back to back with the 2nd Study Tour in Tunis and Marseille from 24 to 28th March 2014.
The study tours took place in Tunisia and Marseille while the RTW was held on board of the ferry 'CARTHAGE' from 25 to 28th March. The aim was to bring together officials and experts of Southern Mediterranean Coastal States, to engage in open discussion on key technical themes including Environmental Monitoring, Ships Waste Management and Oil and Gas Exploitation.
- HCL (Pescares) organised the 6th Technical Workshop on Integrated Maritime Policy in Brussels, within the context of its IMP-MED project. The aim is to bring together officials and experts of Southern Mediterranean Coastal States, to engage in open discussion on the key technical themes that can enhance maritime cooperation and support sustainable economic growth and the creation of jobs in the Mediterranean.
- HCL and partners have recently won a new contract with GIZ in Egypt, within the context of the "Water and Wastewater Management Programme", to develop a Wastewater Decision Support System. The aim of the project is to serve as a guiding decision support system for any kind of future investments in the wastewater. The decision support system will be developed for the 21 wastewater companies located in 21 different governorates, and will enable decision makers to make educated decisions on targeted investment priorities and the status of plans and projects.
- The HCL consortium has been awarded a 4.6 million- Euro project, "Cleaner Energy saving Mediterranean Cities (Covenant of Mayors)", which will run over 3 years. HCL experts will support local governments of 10 countries of the South Mediterranean in increasing the use of sustainable policies such as renewable energy solutions and energy efficiency measures to reduce CO2 emissions as well as efficient water and waste management, use of environment-friendly public transport and mobility means.