The global objective of the Project was to assist the Turkish Cypriot community in reforming the education sector with a view to enhance human resources development as well as to assist the creation of more and better jobs by attracting more people into employment or entrepreneurial activity, improving adaptability of workers and enterprises and increasing investments in human capital.
The specific objectives of the Project were to design the Human Resources Programme in relation to primary and secondary education and the provision of support to the Contracting Authority in the implementation of the newly designed programme. The Project outputs were:
- A scoping study and programme design: analyzing the current structure of education in Northern part of Cyprus including the state of play of the education reform and its potential implications and shortcomings. Based on this analysis a detailed 3-year plan was prepared including budget;
- Preparation of terms of reference and participation in the selection of offers for implementation of the newly designed school programme;
- Development of a grant scheme in accordance with the needs to be addressed through and the activities to be carried out within the designed programme;
- Evaluation of applicants for the grant scheme and assistance in implementation and evaluation of this scheme;
- Awareness raising activities in education and training institutions.