The global objective of this technical assistance project is to support and improve the management of public finance by building the capacity of the Budgetary Prevision and Preparation Service (BPPS) and the Directorate of Budget, Financial Control and Balances (DBFCB) in the areas of prevision, programming and budget preparation.
More specifically this project shall prepare the 2010 budget; establish procedures and prevision tools for programming and budget preparation as well as practical training for BPPS and DBFCB officials.
The project shall be split in three distinct missions. Each mission included the following tasks:
- Identification of short term capacity needs for the effective operation of BPPS
- Drafting methodology for the process of budget and financial law preparation which are compliant to the new Law relating to Public Finance (LPF)
- Support with the preparation and the organization of budgetary conferences for the preparatory 2010 budget project
- Support BPPS and DBFCB managers in the design of the 2010 budget project in order to ensure ownership of the working tools developed
- Support the works of budgetary conferences
- Support the preparation of documents required in the 2010 budget project, as per the LPF, notably the situation brief, the macroeconomic previsions and the government finance plan
- Finalization of the 2010 budget project before the Parliament deposit
- Participation in the finalization of the new public accounting regulations
- Suggestions of reorganisation in the Ministry of Finance's organigram
- Follow-up of training provided to BPPS and DBFCB officials