The overall objective of the Project is to promote dialogue between Belarusian NGOs and Local Authorities through building their capacity to participate as partners in the international support programmes funded by the EU and other donors.
The specific objectives of the Project are to:
- Raise awareness and improve understanding of the project's target group (Belarusian NGOs and LA) about the potential benefits form the ENP, the EU and other donors' assistance to Belarus in the field of civil society through a general promotion and information campaign;
- Improve knowledge and understanding of the EU NGOs about the current Belarusian context, possibilities for the cooperation and partnerships with similar Belarusian organisations and available support programs funded by the EU and other donors through an information campaign and networking activities;
- Develop the capacity level of the Belarusian NGOs and local authorities to design, manage and implement joint projects with EU NGOs according to objectives, requirements and procedures of the European Commission within relevant instruments;
- Facilitate networking between Belarusian NGOs and LA and their counterparts in the EU countries through the use and development of the existing networks, communication platforms and the discussion meetings in order to enable them to jointly participate in the EC's call for proposals.
- Better understanding of EU strategy towards Belarus, potential benefits of the ENP, the EU procedural and project management requirements applied for TA including initiatives related to strengthening civil society;
- Increased quantity and improved quality of submitted project proposals in relation with the needs of the beneficiaries
- Effective partnerships between Belarusian NGOs, local authorities and their counterparts in the EU countries, better communication, information exchange among partners, and improved possibilities for networking and partnership building.
Services provided as sub-contractor to Transtec